Thursday 3 May 2012

How to tackle those tricky trends

Evening world,

Small bit blog overload at the moment, however want to gush about how much I want/need these leggings in my life. 

Australian boutique Black Milk are known world-wide for their innovative printed leggings, and I've had my eye on these galaxy leggings for quite some time....


Taking their cue from the Christopher Kane galaxy collection, I probably wouldn't wear them like the model above, rather mixing it with my boyfriend's oversized shirt and bondage style ankle boots. If you follow my blog, you'll know that I am a massive fan of print and our beady fashion eyes this year will again look to the galaxy trend. 

The difficulties posed by this print is by and far large so it can be a bit of a mission when deciding what to style this print with. A key thing to consider is not to go too loud with the rest of your outfit, rather letting the print do the talking. At most a torque necklace but avoid avoid avoid bright, bold colours or (even worse) alternative prints, as the combi print trend tends to only be suitable to florals.

As any avid follower of fashion would know, the sports luxe trend dominated last year's catwalk and in turn, this year's high street. As a curvy girl, this is an extremely tricky trend for me to pull off and I also tend to flock towards garments that adhere to my shape rather than expose those pesky lumps and bumps. However, my housemate Toli with her athletic figure is able to pull off the sports luxe trend with aplomb and recently purchased black cycling shorts from ASOS, for a bargainous £6. These can be worn with a skirt, exposing the lower edge of the shorts for that slight sports luxe reference, or worn with a bralet if you're feeling daring. 

There is one final note when choosing to wear the sports luxe/print trend...try your best not to look like this guy, it's not the greatest look!



Happy Thursday people - nearly the weekend and vino time!

Emma x















No comments:

Post a Comment