Thursday 12 July 2012

Fashion Spy

Why hello,

Hope you're all not too sodden in this weather. I had to experience this and four inch heels at my boyfriend's graduation ceremony in Glasgow this week - safe to say once the ceremony was over my Converse was back on, a sign of the inner Hoxtonite in me screaming to get out.

I know I posted a while ago about the AIU London Graduate Fashion Show I attended a few weeks ago at the world famous Truman Brewery on Brick Lane. Now I'm able to get the photographs up, and you can see a selection of my favourite outfits from the show below...



























Key trends I noticed from the show was rigid tailoring, which seemed to take inspiration from the iconic Japanese kimono, military tweaks and a merging of strong screen print with reliable, sturdy textiles. Notable mention must also go the laser cut gold metallic leather dress with face mask, of course this would be a Glorious Garments favourite!

To top it off, fashion icon Zandra Rhodes presented the awards with renowned fashion stylist and PR Nick Ede - another fellow Scot may I add. We sure know how to create some fashionable people. Resplendent in purple and gold with pink hair, I hope to look half as good as this fashpiration at her age. A great wee show and thanks to Eden Cancan PR for inviting me along and good luck to all the graduates as they try to make it in the fashion industry!

Let's hope the weather perks up so we can all begin to enjoy the summer...

Emma x

OH! How could I forget to show you my amazing new lightning bolt earrings from ASOS for a bargain £8 in the sale. These have now sold out but you can get another fab copy for a bargainous £4. Trust me, the lightning bolt will be printed on many a tote bag and dress very, very soon....


No comments:

Post a Comment